Test Automation Engineer
Novoda is a fast growing Android app development company now expanding its software excellence into the iOS platform. We’re a closely-knit family from diverse disciplines and believe software enables a human, interconnected future. Proudly, we provide great clients with amazing technology to better serve their customers. Join us for work you’ll care for and people who care for you—crafting exceptional experiences in small, agile teams.
You will be testing world-class Android and iOS native apps implemented in a small, fast paced, and extremely talented company. Our test team faces the challenge of building a test environment and running a test process that fits into our iterative agile approach.
This testing role focuses on our native app products, working closely with engineers and product owners on a daily basis: We are looking for an experienced tester with exposure to automation testing, continuous integration and working with engineers that love to test their own code.
We are looking for a tester with the following attributes:
- Enormous interest in automation
- Aspirations for craftsmanship & clean, thorough tests
- A great deal of experience either in Mobile Testing or Test Automation
- Creating better solutions for everything we do, from our culture to the code
- Autonomous and assertive
- You care about testing; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions rather than just repeating a list of technologies used
- Building your own brand and skills. Novoda is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like TestConf, Droidcon, Londroid, Lpl Tester Gathering, JS London are regular occurrences on our calendar
- For you it’s more than a job
We care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We will consider all applicants on an individual basis. Whilst we don’t like to hire based on knowledge of tools, we aim to hire amazing people, there are a few tools we use daily that you’ll need to know, or get up to speed with:
- Expertise in defect tracking within an Agile environment
- Good knowledge of Git or other distributed version control systems
- The aspiration to learn Java to enable tester & developer synchronisation
- Opportunity to shape the Testing best practices within the company
- Competitive salary
- Generous conference/training budget and opportunity to travel between offices
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a vibrant app development company based in London, Liverpool, Berlin, Barcelona. If you are passionate about the future of interconnected devices we would love to hear from you!